Sunday, August 10, 2014

Spoonflower Challenge: Days 1-10

I have been wanting to get back into drawing lately...actually I always want to but don't make the time for it.  So when Spoonflower, (A site for designing and printing your own fabric) invited everyone and anyone to join their one month of drawing "Spoon Challenge", I accepted right away!  Each week they give us a theme and a prompt per day, and then you tag your picture with #spoonchallenge.  I guess they take the weekends off for prompts, but I've been drawing since the 1st anyway.  I have really enjoyed it so far, but I'm kind of all over the map with my style.  I haven't done this is so long that I don't really care.  I'm just having fun, and I'll see where it leads me!  I thought I would share the first 10 days, and then every 10 days from there. 

Day 1 

I had this song in my head when I woke up the first day.  It's by Noah and the Whale and it's called  "2 Bodies 1 Heart".  Go check it out it's a good song. :)


Day 2

The Jackalope...except my husband informed me that a jackalope is a jackrabbit plus antelope...and this looks like neither.  Let's just say it's a baby and then I can try this again with the proper antlers and rabbit body.  


Day 3

These were fun, and I called them "Healing Flowers", not because they are literally medicinal flowers but because pretty flowers will brighten your day. 


Prompt #1: Cactus

It's a cactus heart.  I'm not too fond of this.  


Prompt #2: Mountain

I decided to do the Teton Mountain range.  If you already knew that, I like you. :)


Prompt #3: Tree

This was the Pear tree in my uncle's yard.  It's really pretty but I don't know if this picture does it justice.  


Prompt #4: Landscape

All I could think of were crop circles.  We are surrounded by cornfields so I guess that's why.  


Prompt #5: River

This one just evolved.  I picked up a cheap pen and started drawing.  Then later I added colored pencils.  I had fun with it! 


Day 9

We have a lot of summer squash growing in the garden.  Some ended up yellow, green and then this one with it's interesting design.  I have a whole bowl of them that maybe I could do later...if I can find the time!  This was done completely with Prismacolor pencils.

Day 10

These are some mint leaves I plucked from my plant, also done with Prismacolor pencils.  The only thing I didn't think about was that lack of water means...it will shrivel up fast!  So it was a little frustrating when the leaves started curling before I even realized what was happening.  I had to kind of wing it towards the end.  It's okay though, it was just practice.  They smelled good at least!

Thanks for stopping by! Let's see what the next 10 days bring!






No comments:

Post a Comment